Hosted by the Regional Diversity Roundtable, the Community Leadership Program is a free nine-month leadership training for people passionate about building up our diverse communities.
The program helps participants to:
- Build on diverse experiences and networks
- Hone and apply DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) leadership skills
- Co-create projects to engage diverse communities and promote equity and inclusion
This program is designed for people who are:
- residents of Peel Region
- passionate about equity and inclusion and want to deepen their knowledge
- interested in inclusive leadership and advocacy
- keen to develop a local project to advance equity and inclusion in Peel region
- ready to contribute to their community, through their work or in an informal community role
- eager to build their network and skills
- interested in building on their lived experience as a member of a diverse group or community
- inspired by the incredible diversity around them and keen to maximize its potential
- available one Saturday per month to participate in full-day, in-person training, and prepared to commit time for collaboration and work between sessions
CLP is made possible with funding from the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The program is designed to support the goals of the Diversity & Inclusion Charter of Peel and create a network of community ambassadors who promote and champion the vision of diversity and inclusion.
Recruitment for the 2020 program is closed. Subscribe to receive updates about registration for our next CLP.