Our strategic goals focus on building capacity and strengthening impact
As a non-profit organization, our bottomline isn’t profits. It’s impact. Our 2019-2023 strategic goals focus on both on achieving sustainability as an organization and on extending our influence.
The Regional Diversity Roundtable is committed to being a leader in supporting organizations and institutions to be diverse and equitable to provide services that are fair, inclusive and culturally appropriate.
To promote respect and equity within organizations and institutions for an inclusive and harmonious community.
We encourage stakeholders to recognize, respect, and embrace each individual’s diversity and believe that by working together we can move from the acknowledgment of diversity to the institutionalization of diversity in our respective core values, structures, workforce, procedures and guidelines enabling an environment that is supportive, accessible, and equitable in its practices.
2018 to 2023 goals
Sustainability and funding
- Reach $1 million in funding
- Increase the proportion of funding from non pre-allocated sources (e.g. grants) to 25 percent of revenue
Grow advocacy and public policy influence
- Build new connections with policy developers
- Provide training services to and on behalf of such individuals
Develop a human resources presence for the organization
- Create a Human Resources (HR) Committee to develop policies and practices in the HR domain, including recruitment, performance management, job description, responsibilities and volunteer management practices
- Develop staffing, staff management and succession planning practices
Develop PR, Marketing & Communications
- Engage and develop PR, marketing and communications expertise to review the brand, its presence and develop a strategy to build marketing collateral, a communications strategy and general presence
Building a community impact strategy and accreditation tool
- Focus on the local, provincial, national and global impact of the work done by RDR
- Identify the education needs of those leading and involved in the community
- Develop and deliver an accreditation tool, through the creation of faculty, train-the-trainer models and other skills sharing delivery models